Senior Configuration Control Specialist | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- On-going career development, onsite parking and close to public transport
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Configuration Control Specialist in our team in Richmond, Victoria.
About the Opportunity
The Weapon Systems business is a hub of innovation and exciting projects. You will play a critical role on the Nulka project with the opportunity to utilise your experience whilst continuing to grow and develop professionally. This key role will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Implement the project configuration management practices and systems in accordance with the project configuration management plan
- Undertake configuration management planning, product/documentation identification and control, configuration baseline and change management along with configuration reporting and auditing
- Lead and contribute to the project configuration tasks including managing data, parts, software and documents in soft and hard copy
- Collaborate with the project engineers to resolve configuration management issues, ensure the detailed configuration of the product remains under control and accurate
- Provide advice, support and training as the configuration management subject matter expert
- Contribute to the integrity of the configuration management system, procedures and tools supporting the system including the accuracy and the categorisation of documentation and data
- Assist in estimating the configuration management effort and staffing profile for contract change proposals or project bids
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive configuration control and configuration management experience
- Demonstrated experience utilising configuration management systems, tools and databases
- Strong communication skills, the ability to think creatively and drive successful outcomes
Whilst not essential, configuration management experience within the Defence industry will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.