Capture Team Lead | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your extensive Bid Capture experience to one of these key role in either Edinburgh Parks, SA; Sydney CBD or Newcastle, NSW
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Capture Team Lead in our team in either Edinburgh Parks, South Australia; Pitt Street, Sydney or Williamtown, New South Wales
About the Opportunity
A key leadership position within our Future Business Function, as Capture Team Lead, you will be responsible for winning the opportunity from qualification to contract award. You'll lead the capture team to develop and execute a winning capture strategy and solution that considers customer needs, the competitive environment and the company's value proposition. A key component to success is comprehensive internal and external customer interaction. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to influence customer stakeholders and utilise the full breadth of company resources to solve the customer's challenges while achieving business requirements.
More specifically you will:
- Lead capture teams to develop and execute capture/ campaign strategies and solutions to win new business.
- Engage with key external and internal decision makers as a thought leader in the solution and market space.
- Engage and inform executive leadership with the voice of the customer and advocate internally for the actions and commitments necessary to win.
- Emphasize mission awareness and drive solutions to provide value to the customer's end user, providing critical ADF advantage.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships, leading customer engagements to build and create trust.
- Influence requirements to ensure our discriminating elements are valued.
- Create an environment that inspires employees, through unambiguous goal directed activities and strives for continuous improvement.
- Build culture of transparency; foster collaboration and accept coaching.
- Demonstrate and drive a passion for winning
- Embrace and add value to the BAE Systems capture process, utilising capture governance reviews and our capture community to refine and improve your capture/campaign effort.
- Lead capture efforts, to include: developing overall win strategy, shaping opportunity with customer, developing teaming strategy; assessing customer requirements and competitor strategies and drive to achieve Price to win.
- Manage tactics and actions necessary to implement actions to improve win probability through control of capture budgets and related R&T expenditures.
- Support governance through capture and color reviews, periodic reporting, health check and status reporting to senior management.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have demonstrated:
- Capture and business acumen and experience with intimate understanding of Australian Defence procurement and requirements definition process.
- Experience in senior stakeholder, capture, and proposal management, including winning new business through leading and delivering winning proposals.
- Experience in shaping and implementing winning strategies into the target customer community.
- Experience in managing and motivating a diverse multi- disciplined team in creation, analysis and delivery of innovative solutions that strike the balance between customer requirements and our value proposition.
- Experience and strong people and influencing skills that can be applied at senior levels within our company, with the customer, capture team and industry partners.
- Operational and or Project Management experience
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Talent Acquisition Lead
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.