Electrical Engineer : Platform Systems | WA-Rockingham
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- On-going career development and the opportunity to work on exciting Defence industry projects
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an Electrical Engineer – Platform Systems in our team in Rockingham, Western Australia.
About the Opportunity
We are seeking to appoint a committed Electrical Engineer – Platform Systems to be an integral member within our Maritime Sustainment business on the Warship Asset Management Alliance (WAMA) project. This key role will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Perform project engineering tasks for contracted engineering change projects
- Develop and progress engineering change proposals through the project engineering change management process.
- Perform the role of a Design Acceptance Representative within your area of expertise
- Provide technical advice on engineering activities relating to ANZAC naval ship platform electrical systems
- Actively participate in design reviews and technical workshops to champion achievement of configuration management baselines
- Co-ordinate internal reviews of engineering artefacts delivered for design reviews to ensure they satisfy contracted requirements and support the development of engineering documentation
- Review cost and schedule performance of project tasks and re-baseline tasks when required
- Identify naval ship availability periods for installation of the engineering change projects
- Arrange and participate in visits to Western Australian based ship and shore facilities for external stakeholders
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Extensive electrical engineering experience
- A tertiary degree level engineering qualification recognised by membership of The Institute of Engineers Australia
- Strong customer service and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders
Whilst not essential, Defence industry experience or systems engineering experience with a strong understanding of systems engineering processes will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.