Hardware Team Lead | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Oct-2019|
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Hardware Team Lead in our team in Edinburgh Parks, Adelaide.
About the Opportunity
This is a unique opportunity to play your part in our world-class over-the-horizon radar Network that delivers 1000-3000 kilometers visibility over Australia's northern approaches. Play a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
The Hardware Engineering Team Leader is accountable for the design and development of electronic/electrical systems in accordance with the contractual and Company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance. This involves the design, development and implementation of electronic/electrical systems and equipment's, including interconnection and integration related to electronic/electrical systems, installing and managing the electronic/electronic system and equipment against technical, schedule and cost goals.
- Derive electronic/electrical system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and electronic system requirements reviews
- Develop hardware candidate solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- Undertake functional analysis to identify the optimum solution against a set of requirements
- Develop optimised electronic/electrical system detail designs and present the designs in design reviews
- Undertake electronic/electrical system detailed design analysis to identify the optimum design for the defined electronic system architecture
- Undertake the translation of the electronic/electrical system design into a manufacturable product and incorporate design for manufacture factors
- Undertake the integration and validation of complex electronic/electrical system designs with challenging physical and functional properties. Also includes the review of integration and validation plans and reports
- Developing and delivering requirements, design and interface artefacts to JORN Surveillance Product Teams
•Meets the requirements for registration as Chartered Engineer and preferably be a member of a professional body
•Significant experience within the hardware engineering discipline
•Electronic and/or electrical engineering or technology degree qualified or equivalent experience and satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.