Production Planner | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Manufacturing, Production & Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||19-Feb-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Production Planner supporting major defence project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Production Planner in our team in Adelaide, South Australia
About the Opportunity
The Production Planner is responsible for a broad range of product support activities including the creation / maintenance of the product bill of material, configuration baseline and production schedule. The role will assist production engineering with design for manufacture and assembly (DFMA) advice and will define production techniques with respect to assembly and test process capabilities, in pursuit of on-time delivery of cost competitive, quality products. The role will interface between the design authority, Production Engineering and Production to achieve an efficient build strategy, suited to the proposed equipment and facilities.
Applications are now sought from experienced Production Planners, to join a united, genuine, and engaging team. This opportunity will utilise your expertise, take your career to another level, and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
In more specific terms you will:
- Be responsible for the compilation of the Manufactured parts “Bill of Material” (BOM), along with Co- ordination of the total BOM creation within ORACLE and outside systems.
- Provide input to the Production Plan, covering items such as Inventory parameters, Time buckets, Part staging and apply these too Parts / Products.
- Work on supply of information to assist in the execution of manufacturing strategies and techniques for the cost effective / timely production of new and existing products.
- Liaise with the design authority to develop any required site-specific build strategies, identifying and shortcoming in equipment and facilities, and working with Production Engineering to mitigate those shortcomings.
- Contribute to the Bid / Estimating process through detailed reviews of piece part / assembly resource requirements and manufacture technicalities.
- Identify and report Project / Process specific Information and Documentation that is relevant to other areas or personnel within the “Technical Services” group.
- Utilise the project Quality Plan, Contract / Statement of Work (SOW) / Purchase Order (as applicable) to determine and implement appropriate traceability methods.
- Coordinate the resolution of shop floor technical queries with the design authority. Provide Manufacturing Change Control and Costing information to Project Management.
- Ensure the release of Work Orders in alignment with production schedule.
- Provide detailed project progress reports in respect to the Product/Part status utilising the company standard Business Systems, including a review of project progress through part status and exception reporting.
- Coordinate with procurement on expediting of orders to meet production timelines
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Any professional qualifications in any of the following areas Manufacturing Engineering, Production Control, Production Planner
- Practical knowledge and experience in manufacturing capabilities (process technologies and related business information systems)
- ORACLE experience (Manufacturing, planning, MRP)
- Must have practical knowledge in the application of Production Systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Strong regard for product quality and safety standards
- Attention to detail, speed, accuracy, computer literacy, superior problem solving skills
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Chris Girling, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering and made online here.
Whilst applications must be made online, confidential enquiries are very welcome via email: email@example.com
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.