Surveillance Software Systems Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Dec-2019|
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
This is a unique opportunity to play your part in our world-class over-the-horizon radar Network that delivers 1000-3000 kilometres visibility over Australia's northern approaches. Play a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
Based at Edinburgh Parks , Adeliede, we are seeking to appoint a fundamentally software focused Systems engineer who can utilise their Systems engineering knowledge to help develop and deliver requirements, design and interface artefacts to our world leading Jindalee operational Radar Network.
Some Specific accountabilities include;
- System definition and preliminary design of JORN Transmit, Receive and Signal Processing Subsystems with a particular focus on software
- Developing and delivering requirements, design and interface artefacts to JORN Surveillance Product Teams
- Communicating JORN Transmit, Receive and Signal Processing Subsystem requirements, design and interfaces to JORN customer
- Preparation of PDR Data Pack
- Model Based Systems Engineering
- Use of Cameo System Modeller,DOORS NG,Atlassian tool suite,Windchill
- Reporting to the JORN Surveillance Systems Engineering Team Lead
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have some of the following attributes;
- A strong understanding of Systems Engineering practises and Engineering methods as applied to the development of military equipment and services
- Experience in effective use of Engineering Process, Methods, Tools and Infrastructure
- A good understanding of 'Best Practice' Systems Engineering processes, methods and tools
- A good understanding of Systems Engineering processes and lifecycles
- Demonstrated good communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers at all levels
- Proven ability to function confidently within a project team environment
- Significant experience within an Engineering discipline
- A tertiary degree level engineering qualification recognised by membership of Engineers Australia
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to myself, Greig Russell – Talent Acquisition Specialist , find me on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/greig-russell-1ab107178/
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.