Support Systems Product Lead | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Oct-2019|
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts asa Support Systems Product Lead in our team in Edinburgh Parks, Adelaide.
About the Opportunity
This is a unique opportunity to play your part in our world-class over-the-horizon radar Network that delivers 1000-3000 kilometers visibility over Australia's northern approaches. Play a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
The Support Systems Product Lead is accountable to lead a team of Systems Engineers developing the JORN Phase 6 Support Systems including Operating Support, Maintenance, Engineering, Supply and Training.
- Experience in/or inspire towards leading a team of Systems Engineers developing the JORN Phase 6 Support Systems including Operating Support, Maintenance, Engineering, Supply and Training.
- Experience in applying Systems Engineering processes to the design of support systems and services.
- Experienced in leading a team in Model Based Systems Engineering using SysML and DOORS.
- Ability to work collaboratively across cross functional project teams.
- Ability to control Account Management responsibilities.
- Meets the requirements for registration as Chartered Engineer and preferably be a member of a professional body
- Significant experience within the Systems engineering discipline
- Electronic and/or engineering or technology degree qualified or equivalent experience and satisfying the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- A good understanding of Systems Engineering processes and lifecycles
- A strong understanding of Systems Engineering practises and Engineering methods as applied to the development of military equipment and services
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell, Talent Acquisition Specialist