Systems Engineer- Multiple Opportunities - JORN Phase 6 | NSW - North Ryde (TISSC)
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Join an exciting Systems Engineering cell providing systems knowledge and expertise
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Systems Engineering Professional where you will work closely with our Adelaide based team to provide requisite systems engineering rigour, best practice benchmarks and discipline leadership to support JORN Phase 6 Radar upgrade.
About the Opportunity
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with our Adelaide based team to provide requisite systems engineering rigour, best practice benchmarks and discipline leadership to our JORN Phase 6 Radar upgrade.
- Develop and manage system requirements and design including system and subsystem specifications, product breakdown structure, design documentation, component and interface specifications
- Perform system engineering activities including requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, Verification and Validation, acceptance testing and certification
- Embrace and champion the transition towards a Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) methodology across the business
- Participate in ensuring that designs meets all statutory and regulatory requirements
- Perform analyses to define and characterise the system and its components
- Utilise domain, discipline and systems engineering knowledge to enable, support and deliver products robustly, demonstrating they meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
- Develop and execute Verification and Validation activities to ensure that the implemented designs conform to their specifications
- Independently review the engineering team's work, identify technical risks and unknowns
- Conduct engineering task estimation and planning activities
- Provide engineering status and metrics reporting
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to obtain or already hold an Australian Defence Clearance
- Experience in an ASDEFCON program would be advantageous
- A University degree level engineering qualification preferably within an Electronics, Software, Mechatronics or Aerospace discipline
- Demonstrated systems engineering experience coupled with engineering experience in a relevant discipline
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell - Talent Acquisition - Engineering
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.