Software Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||17-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your Software Development Management expertise to support Wide Area Surveillance defence projects
- Enjoyflexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the opportunity
An opportunity has arisen for a Software Development Manager to join our Wide Area Surveillance engineering team based at our office in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia. As the Software Development Manager you will be responsible for: Ensuring software products developed by BAE Systems meet their performance requirements and maintaining the goodwill of the Customer and BAE Systems management, competently manage sub-contractors and provide effective leadership to the software team.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Lead and manage all relevant Software Engineering activities for the project.
- Be responsible for the preparation and modifications and execution of all software engineering plans, being the Software Management Plan, and all subordinate Software Development Plans
- Ensure the company software engineering processes are tailored to meet the needs and constraints of the project without sacrificing the best engineering practice,
- Ensure software engineering work is completed in accordance with project software engineering plans
- Manage and track the execution of Software Engineering activities within agreed Cost, Quality and Schedule.
- Ensure that all internal and external project Software Engineering and CAM reporting requirements are met, taking appropriate corrective action as required.
- Champion the use of 'Best Practice' Software Engineering processes and methods across the project
- Lead and manage the establishment of project specific Software Engineering Procedures and Work Instructions
- Provide an interface between the relevant Software Engineering teams and BAE Systems Management and Customer representatives
- Ensure that all of the review processes undertaken on software are completed in a timely manner
- Lead and manage the Identification and resolution of issues associated with the execution of Software Engineering activities across the project
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in the software engineering discipline
- Thorough knowledge of all software development lifecycle phases
- A thorough understanding of the Software Development lifecycle
- Significant experience in the development of software products using relevant Software Engineering technologies
- Significant experience in managing the execution of software related activities with regards to Cost and Schedule
- A thorough understanding of 'Best Practice' Software Engineering methods
- Significant experience in the selection and implementation of effective Software Engineering Tools, Infrastructure and Process
- Significant experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams
- The ability to train and mentor engineers through superior team building skills
- Superior communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers at all levels
- Must be eligible to obtain a Defence security clearance (Negative Vetting Level 1)
Although not essential previous experience in a Defence organisation will be highly regarded
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Chris Girling, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.