Project Controller | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Opportunity to manage project cost and schedule baseline in a leading defence organisation
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Project Controller in our team working at our Henderson, WA site.
About the Opportunity
In this position, you will be responsible to coordinate the proper use of the company earned value managements systems for project team to monitor and report on project cost and schedule progress. You will also maintain the goodwill of the customer and company management by ensuring that earned value management processes are carried out to report and manage the project to ensure accuracy and on time delivery
More specifically you will
- Establish and maintain contract work breakdown structure, project schedule and cost account detailed schedules
- Integrate the overall project schedule and maintain work package level budgets and earned value techniques
- Assist project manager, project management team to establish and manage the initial project cost and schedule baseline
- Establish project authorization and other project documentation and use cost and schedule tools to enter all baseline data and assist CAMs in scheduling
- Provide project reporting and analysis data to project team on a monthly basis and provide customer required and management of earned value management data and associated schedule reports
- Coordinate the month end earned value management process of cost account status reporting, accruals, schedule status and forecasting
- Coordinate data input into the contract review pack and provide assistance to the cost account managers in performance management especially for data analysis, variance analysis and forecasting
- Perform minor finance and contract related function under the direct guidance of project manager or function staff
- Contribute to the management and continuous improvement of the company earned value management systems
- Assist project management function in gaining or maintaining any cost schedule control system criterial and validate project cost schedule status reporting accreditations
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree qualification (or studying) in engineering, commercial or project management is desirable
- A demonstrated competence and a thorough working knowledge of applicable tools, procedures and codes or proven performance and progression as cost schedule analyst trainee is essential
- Sound experience in project or general administration with excellent written and verbal communications skill
- An ability to interact effectively with colleagues within or outside the team to implement business requirements with well-developed self-management skill
- An ability to take initiative to deliver cost effective, timely and quality outputs with an ability to see patterns, trends or missing pieces
- Intermediate user of Ms office skills, particularly word, excel, power point and project
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.