Master Scheduler | WA-Henderson
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||04-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Take a step up to be accountable for project integrated master schedule in a leading defence organization
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Master Scheduler in our team working at our Henderson, Western Australia site.
About the Opportunity
As a Master Scheduler, you will be accountable for effective development, update and maintenance of the program integrated master schedule and associated performance baseline. In addition, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the process and policy documents relevant to the integrated master schedule environment.
More specifically you will
- Provide project/program governance around the analysis and reporting of schedule critical path, critical activities and milestones
- Develop objective measurement and reporting system to assist managing schedule health
- Develop and maintain program integrated master schedule and performance measurement baseline
- Assist integration of integrated master schedule data sets into project controls, enterprise resource planning and material requirement planning systems
- Develop and maintain resource demand and utilisation data at work package level to support capacity planning
- Provide governance around the reporting for production performance, schedule adherence, resource capacity and resource utilisation
- Contribute to continuous improvement across planning activities and coach/mentor junior planner and schedulers
- Develop and maintain policy and process documents
- Provide governance around the use of earned value management in the schedule environment
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree qualification in engineering, commercial or project management is desirable
- An in depth knowledge of Primavera P6 is highly desirable
- A demonstrated experience in cost schedule analysis and project/general administration with working knowledge of quantifiable analysis of risk and uncertainty
- An ability to take ownership of the task coupled with high level motivation and an ability to interact effectively with colleague within or outside the team to implement business requirements
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative to deliver timely, quality and cost effective outputs
- An ability to engage and work closely with projects/functions, present at meetings and interact effective with internal and external stakeholders to implement business requirements
- Intermediate user of Ms office skills, particularly word, excel, power point and project
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.