Subcontract Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- A leadership role that will shape and design the supply chain process
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Subcontract Manager in our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking seasoned Subcontract Managers to join our Wide Area Surveillance team, located at Edinburgh Parks, SA. This role will provide you with an opportunity to shape and design the supply chain process whilst leading and managing subcontractors and suppliers.
As the Subcontract manager, you will be responsible for the management of major subcontracts to meet the project requirements of cost, quality and delivery through effective commercial management and the facilitation of strong working relationships with the supplier, their supply chains as well as internal stakeholders.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Act as a single point of contact for all issues in relation to contract compliance
- Lead the resolution of contractual issues and disputes arising with the suppliers
- Ensure adherence to contractual obligations through effective commercial management, including payments, claims, warranties, cash flow, and flow down of contract amendments
- Effectively manage variations to the subcontract to ensure impacts are minimised, communicated and fully understood
- Ensure that emerging risks are identified, costed, monitored and managed appropriately, including those of the suppliers' supply chain
- Ensure that opportunities for improvement are developed and implemented
- Work closely with the project team to achieve the required performance in terms of schedule deliverables, cost and quality and requirements
- Proactively manage the performance of the suppliers to achieve the requirements of the contract from a schedule, cost and quality perspective, developing and embedding the relevant KPIs
- Facilitate and maintain an effective working relationship with the suppliers, engaging with the engineering, project management, ILS teams
- Generate and manage the Procurement and Subcontract Management Plans
- Support the project in the generation of reporting required by the maritime business
- Implement and follow the procurement policies and processes as determined by the Procurement function, ensuring compliance with the relevant acts, legal demands and ethical standards
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in subcontract and commercial management within an engineering defence environment
- Substantial familiarity and experience in the development and negotiation of complex defence contracts with major customers and suppliers
- Track record of successful delivery of major subcontracts obligations
Whilst not essential, a degree in engineering or commercial discipline is highly regarded and a professional procurement qualification or accreditation is desirable.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.