Project Risk Lead, Shipbuild | SA - Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:|| Risk Manager Shipbuild HCFP NG Duty Statement.pdf (PDF, 130KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your Risk Management expertise on this key defence project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding, we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Project Risk Lead, Shipbuild in our ASC Shipbuilding team in Osborne, SA.
About the Opportunity
In this newly created position, you will get the opportunity to work in the Hunter Class Frigate Program, a world class project where you will help us manage risks within the Program Management Office of the Hunter Class program.
More specifically you will:
Manage project risk policy/process for the Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP) Shipbuild Integrated Project Team (IPT), including:
- Assisting IPT team members to deliver the cost, schedule and performance objectives of HCFP
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate Risk and Opportunity (R&O) management practices within the IPT
- Assisting the Hunter Class Risk Manager to deliver overall program R&O objectives
- Ensure appropriate mitigation and fallback plans exist for identified IPT risks
- Maintaining the currency of information in the R&O toolset for the IPT
- Provide R&O management and toolset training within the IPT
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in risk management, with emphasis on project risk management
- Proven ability to collaborate with and motivate individuals /teams across a number of business areas, to shape and implement business requirements.
- Risk toolset knowledge desirable
- Tertiary qualifications and/or project or risk qualifications desirable
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
The role is based in Osborne, SA with some travel to Melbourne and occasional travel to Glasgow
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Julie Lane, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.