Aviation Instructor : Post Initial Employment Training (PIET) | NSW-RAAF Base Wagga Wagga
|Attachments:|| PD_DATA Instructor.pdf (PDF, 204KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Rewarding Aviation Instructor opportunity on a meaningful project of national and global significance
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an Aviation Instructor - Post Initial Employment Training (PIET) in our team in Wagga, New South Wales on a permanent and full time basis.
About the Opportunity
The BAE Systems Aviation Technical Training (ATT) project delivers all aviation trade training and technical manager training to the Australian Defence Force. This role is the perfect opportunity to become a part of the future of Australian aviation training, and help shape the aviation technical and management workforce of the future.
Applications are now sought from qualified Aircraft Maintenance Engineers or Managers, and/or those with a comprehensive background in Defence Aviation Regulations, Compliance, and Assurance. This opportunity will utilise your expertise to take your career to another level, and see you join a genuine, united, and engaging team.
This opportunity will see you:
- Undertake facilitation, delivery, and development of training in Post Initial Employment Training
- Your areas of focus would include Defence Technical Regulatory system and process, engineering regulation and engineering/maintenance procedures, workplace safety, risk management and quality control, and aviation non-technical skills
- Provide specialisation skills and advice to support aviation engineering and maintenance training
- Develop and maintain relationships with the customer, government and industry partners
- Maintain accurate electronic and hard copy records of training documentation
- Guide and mentor Defence engineers and managers in best practice within the aviation maintenance and technical environment
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated industry experience as a qualified Aviation Maintenance Engineer or a professional engineer with extensive experience within the Defence Aviation Safety Environment
- A current Certificate III/IV Aeroskills or Engineering degree, and consideration will be made for other qualified aviation trades
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
Whilst not essential, a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116) will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.