Senior Quality Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your Quality Engineering expertise to support High Frequency Surveillance defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
About the opportunity
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quality Engineer to join our HFS engineering team. This challenging and rewarding position will be based at our office in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis. You will be part of an inclusive and friendly multi discipline team along with a company that values innovative ideas and flexible work practices.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Plan and perform Quality Planning activities in the business area, including associated assurance activities such as Quality Plans, Quality Audits, Quality WALKS, etc.
- Support the understanding and awareness of quality policies, processes and frameworks across the business area, including creation of appropriate communications, training and support information
- Support and assist in the provision of accurate, timely and topical quality performance information (e.g. scorecards, audit results, product quality performance, cost of poor quality) for inclusion in business area management review
- Perform Product, Process and Service confirmation inspections, audits and test activities in accordance with authorised Inspection and Test Plans
- Work closely with suppliers to perform Test Witnessing activities and PCA/FCA activities (in consultation with Configuration Management) on software, hardware and mission system EC's and upgrades. (Occasional out of hours work and some travel required)
- Undertake review of Project, Supplier and Subcontractor Inspection and Test Plans for compliance to BAE Systems requirements and Customer, regulatory and statutory requirements
- Assist in the conduct and reporting of Verification and Validation activities completed on deliverable products and services and system software and hardware.
- Conduct root cause analysis and agreement of corrective and preventive actions / improvements with suppliers.
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Prior Quality Engineer experience with experience in a variety of systems, software and hardware projects
- Experience in systems, software and hardware verification and validation activities using various inspection and testing techniques
- Experience of compliance auditing and verification
- Must be eligible to obtain a Defence security clearance (Negative Vetting Level 1) and to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
Although not essential previous experience in a Defence organisation will be highly regarded
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Chris Girling, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.