Master Scheduler | NSW-Garden Island
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- A role focused on creating and maintaining project goals and objectives
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
We are the Managing Contractor for the Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program. Highly collaborative and agile, the program boasts of an engaging, consultative and solutions focused approach. Working on one of the most complex warship programs in Australia.
We are seeking a seasoned Master Scheduler to join our team, located at Garden Island, Sydney.
You will be responsible for working across the enterprise to support the development of the DDG sustainment solution, through forward looking, and management of all schedules within the enterprise.
You will take information from all stakeholders and is the single point of contact for the management of the schedules.
AS a proactive member of the team, you will engage with internal and external stakeholders for the development of key deliverables to the Commonwealth of Australia to develop and maintain the Master Schedule.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Be responsible for bringing together all supporting information from the enterprise stakeholders to develop and maintain the:
- Ships Maintenance Availability Master Plan in Open Plan
- DDG MC Enterprise Master Schedule for all activities required to support the Program
- Schedules that are high level, forward looking as a rolling wave concept including external maintenance activity tasks
- Be the point of contract for management of all schedules within the Enterprise, with the Master Schedule delivered monthly the Commonwealth of Australia
- Support the implantation of the Project Controls Management Plan
- Establish the Master Schedule updating cycle and train control account managers with regard to updating monthly progress and including applicable scope and milestones
- Create variance reports following monthly updates of tasks slippages or delays and apply appropriate remediation or mitigation plans.
- Monitor and track all deliveries for the program and provide updates to the Business Operations Manager and the Enterprise Program Manager
- Review and approve the detailed schedule for each availability maintained by the Ship Repairer
- Ensure the program's performance in relation to relevant KPIs
- Provide schedule information to stakeholders for deliverables
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience as an advanced practitioner in Open Plan Professional (OPP)
- Experience in the application of project work breakdown structures, and associated dictionaries
- Expereince in the application of schedule management and project control methodologies, practices, and tools
- Demonstrated performance and progression as a Cost Schedule Analyst or general administration experience
- Strong stakeholder management skills coupled with the ability to communicate and articulate information with senior stakeholders in a clear and effective manner
- The ability to self-motivate, drive and develop processes
- The ability to work closely with projects and function and present at meetings
- In-depth knowledge of cost schedule analysis principles and tools
- Working knowledge of quantifiable analysis of risk and uncertainty
Tertiary qualifications in engineering, commercial or project management is essential in the role.
As a Defence Security Clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Baseline Security Clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.