Maintenance Remediation Manager | NSW-Garden Island
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your leadership skills in providing maintenance support to the DDG program
- Based in Garden Island, Sydney
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
We are the Managing Contractor for the designated Guided Missile Destroyer (DDG) sustainment program. Highly collaborative and agile, the program boasts of an engaging, consultative and solutions focused approach. Working on one of the most complex warship programs in Australia.
As a result of growth within our business, we are seeking a seasoned Maintenance Remediation Manager to join our team in Garden Island, Sydney.
You will be responsible for the effective management and planning of the day-to-day maintenance activities within the business in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contracts.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Be responsible for the identification of improvement opportunities, and development of a business case to provide the foundation of the remediation activity
- Create a project objective plan, and raise tasking statements to engage Material Subcontractors (MSC)
- Ensure that the project teams achieve the required performance in terms of schedule, budget, quality, scope, and technical requirements
- Ensure that products and services delivered as part of the projects are in accordance with the Maintenance Philosophy, Product Safety, and Authorised Materiel Seaworthy Delivery Organisation (AMSDO) Guidance
- Ensure each Material Subcontractor contributes to the outcomes of the projects and are engaged to deliver the outcomes of the projects
- Ensure the performance of the Material Subcontractors
- Develop and chair the Maintenance Working Group, including the management of minutes, actions, and outcomes
- Represent the maintenance team in working groups
- Report the status of the project performance, risks and issues, and mitigations
- Formally report project progression to managing contractors and the Commonwealth of Australia, in support of the Seaworthiness Materiel State (SwMS) objectives and prioritization
- Support the reporting of project performance and issues at the business unit reviews, and enterprise reporting
- Develop and improve enterprise relationships and behaviours, in support of the Enterprise charter
- Provide direction to, motivate and ensure the performance of the enterprise on a daily basis
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in operations or maintenance management
- Operational experience in a Navy maintenance environment
- Experience in Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) development and philosophy
- Experience in the Authorised Materiel Seaworthy Delivery (AMSDO) technical framework
- Prior experience in managing a medium to large team
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- The ability to negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Tertiary qualifications in engineering or a similar disciple is essential in the role. Maintenance engineering, Advance Mechanical trade or Business and Commercial management qualifications will be an advantage.
As a Defence Security Clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Baseline Security Clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.