Campaign Support Engineer | WA-Henderson
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Be at the forefront of driving strategic approach towards maritime sustainment campaign activities
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Campaign Support Engineer in our team in Henderson (Perth), Sydney, or Williamstown (Melbourne).
About the Opportunity
Working as an integral member with the Maritime Sustainment campaign team you will ensure that BAE is positioned to win sustainment contract for Hunter Class and to minimise the impacts on Navy as it transitions from managing/manning ANZACs to a mixed fleet and then to Hunter.
This is a newly created autonomous role to be a Subject Matter Expert and drive transformation within business to position maritime sustainment for future success.
In more specific terms you will:
- Provide technical input to campaign planning
- Provide input to design of workshops with Hunter project and Global Combat Ship sustainment teams to understand the current thinking of the project team with regard to sustainment
- Translate lessons learned into opportunities to implement changes in ANZACs to minimise transition to managing a mixed fleet
- Attend workshops with Hunter Project and Global Combat Ship teams to support transfer of knowledge and development of a common approach to sustainment;
- Develop Business Cases for improvement activities as necessary
- Provide input from an industry perspective into CASG Sustainment model
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated extensive maritime (commercial or defence ) experience with sound understanding of sustainment activities
- Sound background in Naval architecture/naval engineering (electrical or mechanical or other related field)
- Experience supporting campaigns and bid activities will be highly desirable
- Well developed and communication and interpersonal skills with experience of using these skills at all levels within an organization
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships by being a focal point for customer contact
As active Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and to maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
Applications should be addressed to: Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.