System Technical Authority | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Oct-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a System Technical Authority in our team based at Edinburgh Parks in Adelaide.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are currently seeking an experienced System Technical Authority to join our team. As a System Technical Authority working within the SATCOM Integrated Systems domain you will principally be responsible for ensuring the compliance and engineering governance aspects of project outputs by managing the engineering output approvals process to ensure the delivered products robustly and demonstrably meet the requirements of customer.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Managing all engineering output approvals to ensure the delivered products meet the specified requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with BAE SYSTEMS Engineering Governance requirements to ensure that all products within the scope of the contract.
- Ensuring compliance with BAE SYSTEMS Engineering Lifecycle as specified before granting design approvals.
- Identifying and managing technical risks associated with the system development and integration.
- Maintain the design documentation in accordance with the applicable configuration management, change management and traceability processes.
- Act as an interface between the relevant Systems Engineering teams, BAE Systems Management and Customer representatives.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- An expert understanding of Systems Engineering practises and Engineering methods, and demonstrated Systems Engineering design and development skills and experience as applied to the development of military communications equipment and services.
- Systems Engineering & Regulatory Knowledge / Experience.
- Previous experience working in a Technical Authority position.
- Strong demonstrated Knowledge of Engineering Life Cycle.
- Previous exposure and experience with managing Systems Acceptance process.
- Experience with both Engineering Acquisition & Sustainment phases.
- Knowledge/ Familiarity with ASDEFCON and Defence Contracts.
- Substantial SATCOM, Maritime COMMS or RF COMMS Technical Domain Experience
- Tertiary degree qualifications in Engineering or equivalent is a prerequisite for this position.
As a defence security clearance may be required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.