Systems Engineering Team Lead | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||30-Jan-2020|
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
This is a unique opportunity to play your part in our world-class over-the-horizon radar Network that delivers 1000-3000 kilometres visibility over Australia's northern approaches. Play a vital role in supporting the Australian Defence Force's air and maritime operations, border protection, disaster relief and search and rescue operations.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Systems engineer who can utilise their Systems engineering knowledge and leadership ability to help manage a team of 15-20 Systems Engineers to help develop and deliver requirements, design and interface artefacts to our world leading Jindalee operational Radar Network.
Some Specific accountabilities include;
- Leading the development and management of System requirements and design documents (System & Subsystem Specifications, Product Breakdown Structure, Design Documents, component specifications, interface specifications, etc.)
- Performing System Engineering activities. Specifically: requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification.
- Identifying and managing technical risks associated with the system development and system integration programs
- Providing effective leadership, direction and motivation to the team on a daily basis
- As required, communicating with Customer representatives
- Advising Project Team, senior management, teaming partners, and the customer about current and emerging technologies that are relevant to the architecture
- Participating in system design and subsystem partitioning to achieve robust modular architectures
- Performing analyses to define and characterise the system and its components
- Use domain, discipline and Systems Engineering experience to ensure enabling, supporting and delivered products robustly and demonstrably meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
- Leading in ensuring that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have some of the following attributes;
- Significant experience within the Engineering discipline with a exposure to Technical Development and Systems Design of engineering projects
- Significant experience in at least one Engineering Discipline, e.g. Hardware, Software and Systems Engineering etc
- Significant experience in at least one Technology Domain e.g. Communications, Electronic Warfare, Simulation Systems ect
- Minimum 3 years cost and schedule management experience (desirable)
- Ability to lead small to medium sized multi-disciplinary Engineering teams
- Ability to train and mentor engineers through superior team building skills
- Demonstrated superior communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers at all levels
- Demonstrated self motivation and a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks
- Demonstrated superior problem solving skills
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Greig Russell – Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.