Production Planner - Team Lead | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||14-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Rewarding Production Planner opportunity to work on exciting Defence industry projects
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Production Planner – Team Lead in our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Production Manager you will:
- Lead the activities of the production planning team
- Analyse the production forward load, schedule and balance workload across resource centres
- Develop production delivery schedules, monitor and report performance to schedule
- Manage the release of work orders, in accordance with the work order release schedule, that describes the contracted work scope
- Develop and actively manage the required training and development needs for the production planning/scheduling team
- Manage material planning and reconciliation of production material allocation with planned BOM's
- Manage team's performance reviews in line with specified timeframes
- Assist with process reviews and ensure that improvements are embedded and rolled across to other work centres where appropriate
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience as a production planning lead in a diverse manufacturing environment
- Track record of successful management of planning/scheduling teams
- Extensive experience in the use of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, capable of communicating clearly across levels of the organization
- Highly proficient in the use Microsoft Excel
- Good computer literacy
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition specialist - Engineering
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.