System Architect | SA-Pirie Street
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Oct-2019|
- A defence industry leader that encourages innovation and flexible work practices
- Define the overall system architecture and deliver functional capability to the business
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
As a result of growth within our business, we are seeking a seasoned Systems Architect to join our Enterprise Architecture team based in the Adelaide CBD, South Australia.
Our Information Management & Technology department and Enterprise Architecture team enjoy coming to work each day, focused on our customers, and providing sustainable architecture to achieve our enterprise strategy. We live and breathe our company behaviours of strategic vision, creativity, adaptability, collaboration, develops people, integrity, courage and inspiration.
Please apply if the above focus and behaviours resonate with you and you also:
- Enjoy engaging with people (team members, customers, stakeholders, peers, industry and our vendors and partners)
- Are passionate about really listening, taking the time to understand and capture business needs
- Are excited by technology and can help articulate and communicate complex designs and highlight the benefits and risks
- Understand the importance of providing quality advice and guidance upfront and helping people make things better and achieve enterprise outcomes.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in operations or maintenance management
- Significant experience in the IT/Engineering industry
- Extensive experience in working with multiple hardware/software applications, vendors and developing/maintaining sound relationships
- Experience in systems architecture and Infrastructure scalability in a high-availability environment
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain
Tertiary qualifications in Information technology, engineering or a similar disciple is essential in the role.
As a Defence Security Clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative vetting Level 1 Security Clearance. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.