Product Safety Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||06-Dec-2019|
PRODUCT SAFETY ENGINEER
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Influence the safety elements of design activities and our culture by sharing your product safety expertise
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Product Safety Engineer as part of our Engineering Function. We are prepared to consider a number of arrangements, including Part Time options.
About the Opportunity
With the growth that our business is experiencing we've created this role with a view to developing our product safety capability over time. In this role you will:
- Author and review system safety documentation including project plans, hazard logs and safety case reports
- Facilitate the identification and assessment of hazards, and the development of mitigation strategies associated with project system level products
- Undertake So Far As is Reasonably Practicable (SFARP) determination
- Generate reporting packs and participate in system safety working groups
- Support investigations and close out product safety reports in a timely manner
- Lead the investigation of product safety incidents and near misses
- Estimate and plan system safety engineering activities
- Prepare internal and external reports on project system safety
- Report on the implementation of mitigation strategies
- Coordinate the determination of safety requirements affecting material and component suppliers and vendors
- Conduct system safety briefings and arrange training for project personnel identified as being involved in the safety related activities
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A high level of self-motivation, time management and organisational ability
- Degree level qualifications in a recognised engineering discipline
- Proactive individual with strong problem solving skills and strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Familiarity with recognised safety standards such as MIL-STD-882, Def Stan 00-56 and IEC 61508, knowledge of WHS Act and Regulations and their applicability to Product Safety or experience in incident investigation and management will be of benefit
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to:
Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.