Senior Systems Administrator | SA-DSTG
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Nov-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Systems Administrator in our team based at Edinburgh Parks in Adelaide.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are currently seeking an experienced Senior Systems Administrator to join our team. The Senior Systems Administrator is a part of the Command and Control System Support Services team. The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the day to day administration of the Command and Control System Servers, applications and associated infrastructure.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Delivery System Administration of Command and Control Systems software, platforms and data storage sub systems to meet Information Systems functional and governance requirements.
- Provide Level 2 and limited Level 1 support to systems users.
- System Administration on Windows based platforms within a complex multi-stakeholder network environment.
- System Administration on UNIX based platforms within a complex multi-stakeholder network environment.
- Responsible for compliance with Security policies and procedures, giving consideration to security aspects during system configuration, management and maintenance.
- Responsible for ensuring effective data protection measures are implemented for the systems.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Have a strong proven track record in either Windows 2008/2012 server, Solaris 10 or Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Experience in Windows Server is highly desirable.
- Experience in VMware or similar virtualisation technology is highly desirable.
- Proficient teamwork skills, with proven ability to work as a member of a small team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost.
- Demonstrated ability in the deployment, testing, and support of a complex client/server application environment.
- Previous knowledge of C2, ISR and TDL systems, software and infrastructure (Highly Desirable) particularly in an Australian Defence context.
A current defence NV2 security clearance with compartment briefs is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and hold the required level of defence security clearance for this position.
Please Note: Compartment briefs will be provided to the successful applicant.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.