Senior Systems Software Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Dec-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Opportunity to advance your career in growing cyber security sector
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Solutions Architect in our Cross Domain Solutions team in Edinburgh Parks, Adelaide.
About the team
Cross Domain Solutions (CDS) is a product and services led unit within BAE Systems Australia that is responsible for the development of innovative solutions supporting the secure transfer of data between network domains. These solutions, which include our hardware and software enabling products, are provided to customers domestically and internationally via resellers in a number of different market regions.
About the role
Reporting to the Product Engineering Manager, you will provide systems engineering expertise to support the delivery of services relating to the requirements, design and commissioning of system solutions within the Customer enterprise environment. You will also provide support to the management and sustainment of our engineering products and supporting the evolution of our software products during periods of development surge.
In more specific terms you will:
- Develop and manage system requirements and design document deliverables for customer systems
- Work with customers and other stakeholders to ensure requirements are effectively elicited, captured, managed, analysed and understood
- Develop, capture and mature system architecture and design
- Support security engineers with the development of system security artefacts in support of accreditation
- Provide systems engineering support to the management of our engineering products and to the sustainment of our hardware product range
- Provide software engineering support to the evolution of our software product suite
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Systems Engineering or related degree
- Demonstrated experience in applying systems engineering practices and engineering methods to the development of ICT systems
- Good understanding of best practice engineering processes methods and tools
- Minimum security clearance to NV1 level or baseline with current inactive NV1
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated good problem solving skills
Whilst not essential the following will be advantageous:
- Good understanding of cyber security and related principles
- Demonstrated experience in applying Software Engineering practices
- Demonstrated experience with the java programming language and related software development technologies, including Java Enterprise Edition 8, Enterprise Java Beans, Java Native Access Library, Google Web Toolkit, Eclipse IDE and Wildfly Application Server
As active Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and must have minimum level of NV1 defence clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Kusha Sharma, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.