Senior Technical Support Officer | ACT-Canberra
|Position Type:||Fixed Term|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Nov-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Opportunity to expand and apply your technical strength to drive process improvement
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Senior Technical Support Officer in our team working in our Canberra Office.
About the Opportunity
As a Senior Technical Support Officer, you will be accountable for providing technical support to customers on their computing environment, and will be accountable for undertaking non process orientated work on more complex systems and services.
More specifically you will
- Provide technical support for the customer's extensive computing fleet, infrastructure, mobile fleet, personal device assets and video conferencing technologies
- Train, mentor and educate Technical Support Officers in service culture, procedures and educate in troubleshooting techniques
- Collaborate and make recommendations to colleagues, broader teams and customers to improve services and processes and act as an escalation point for Technical Support Officers
- Implement and drive process improvement and support projects where allocated.
- Contribute to timely responses and recommendations on support requests and continuous improvement strategies to customer problems and queries to deliver a high level of customer service and reduce lifecycle processes
- Troubleshoot and provide information to enable resolution on support requests and promptly allocate unresolved calls as appropriate
- Receive and handle requests for support, following agreed procedures and within Service Level Agreement (SLA) guidelines
- Install and configure all desktop hardware, software & peripheral devices in a network environment, assisting in packaging of applications using prescribed framework
- Manage customer expectations for the resolution of outstanding incident and service requests, advising customers in a timely manner of system downtime or interruptions
- Create and maintain process instructions and relevant documentation and complete system administration and classified duties as required
- Work with the Asset Management team to ensure all information technology assets are properly tracked
- Alert the customer or business to potential, or known problems that affect the quality of services provided
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree qualification in computer science, information technology or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in an information technology environment supporting the latest Microsoft operating systems, applications in a network environment coupled with supporting mobile and video conferencing technologies
- A sound knowledge or experience of installation configuration and documentation of computer system hardware/software in a network environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills to diagnose issues at system level, including windows/Linux operating system, SQL server, web services and application integration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill with an ability to build effective relationship with business representatives, customers and suppliers
- A willingness and capacity to expand your knowledge in information technology solutions coupled with an ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Proficiency with virtual servers (HyperV and VMware) with strong software diagnosis and troubleshooting capability
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.