Procurement & Subcontracts Officer | ACT-Canberra
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Opportunity to apply your commercial acumen in a key role across multiple defence programs
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Procurement and Subcontracts Officer in our team working in our Canberra Office.
About the Opportunity
As a Procurement and Subcontracts Officer, you will be accountable for the establishment, placement and management of appropriate contracting arrangement with subcontractors and suppliers to deliver the cost, schedule, quality and safety requirement of the business.
More specifically you will
- Support commercial management of subcontracts through effective commercial and correspondence administration, including but not limited to milestones, claims, notice/letters and follow down of contract amendments
- Manage allocated tasks and small projects effectively to achieve value for money for the program whilst minimising risk relating to cost, schedule, quality and safety
- Research and develop correspondence, reports, charts/graphs, databases, and other communication material and provide timely review and/or analysis of artefacts ensuring accuracy, comprehensiveness and quality and justification
- Manage the procurement and subcontract elements of bids and tenders ensuring robust definition of requirements and commercial terms and effectively administer and monitor variations to the subcontracts including the drafting of commercial/subcontract related notices
- Manage the performance of suppliers and subcontractors proactively to achieve the requirements of the contract from schedule, cost and quality perspective and manage risks, identify opportunities, develop and embed the relevant key performance indicators and strategic performance measures
- Facilitate and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers and subcontractors, engaging with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure a coordinated and consistent business approach
- Generate and manage the lifecycle management (LCM) procurement and subcontract management plans and provide support to the management of cross business commodities and subcontracts management
- Lead supplier negotiation and evaluation process and ensure adherence to contractual obligations through effective commercial management
- Lead, manage and develop team members to deliver the required capability to meet the needs of the business and support the implementation of leading procurement practices both within the team and across the business/project
- Implement and follow the procurement and subcontracts policies and processes as determined by the procurement function, ensuring compliance with the relevant acts, legal demands and ethical standard
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree qualification in procurement/supply chain and/or commercial law coupled with demonstrated experience in the area is desirable
- Experience in Australian standard for defence contracting (ASDEFCON) in subcontracting area is desirable
- A sound knowledge across all facets of supply chain and contract management with an ability to develop strong working relationship with suppliers, their supply chain
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with an ability to show initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good commercial skills and acumen with proven capability in contract negotiation with an ability to progress and resolve issues within project team environment
- An ability to take ownership of the task coupled with high level motivation with strong experience in project management
- An ability to engage and work closely with projects/functions, present at meetings and interact effective with internal and external stakeholders to implement business requirements
- Proficient user of Ms office skills, particularly word, excel, power point and project
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.