Reliability Lead - Hunter Class Frigate Program | VIC-Williamstown
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Great opportunity to work in an industry leading culture and a trusted Defence company
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
Apply your talent where it counts as a RELIABILITY LEAD in our ASC Shipbuilding team in WILLIAMSTOWN, VICTORIA.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Integrated Logistic Support Manager, you will:
- Lead and manage a team to perform Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) modelling and calculations for equipment and systems as required
- Conduct investigations and analysis of data collected for an impression of equipment/systems history and current condition
- Conduct risk assessments on the equipment/system being investigated
- Draw conclusions and propose recommendations to improve equipment/system reliability and supportability based on analysis and available evidence
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to Technical working groups to facilitate reliability and availability requirements and impacts
- Manage the development of project infrastructure such as tools deployment, metrics collection and process development
- Manage the close out of reliability investigations and their approved recommendations
- Complete and deliver reporting documentation on time, to an agreed schedule
- Make decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
- Provide day-to-day management of any assigned staff
- Responsible for ensuring that system reliability is modelled and that a high level of engineering performance and operational availability is demonstrated, by ensuring sound reliability engineering principles
- Provide supplier and contractor interaction and management of reliability related activities
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated significant experience in the technical review and reporting of assessment data relative to the mechanical and/or electrical health of systems and equipment
- Experience in the operation and/or maintenance of those systems within the maritime environment or related technical industry is also highly desirable
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering and/or equivalent industry experience
- Experience leading teams of specialty analysts, or other equivalent experiences
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.