Systems/Hardware/Software Engineer (Multiple Positions) | VIC-Richmond
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Nov-2019|
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
About the Opportunity
You will be apart of the Wedgetail Program, a System Acquisition Contract which has allowed BAE Systems Australia to establish and provide a support for the ESM and EWSP fitted to the aircraft and its associated ground support products over their operational life.
Based in Richmond, Melbourne, we are seeking to appoint a variety of Systems, Software and Hardware engineering opportunities, where you will be working closely with our Engineering team in Edinburgh Parks, adelaide.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will;
- Assist in Developing and managing of System requirements and design documents (System & Subsystem Specifications, Product Breakdown Structure, Design Documents, component specifications, interface specifications, etc.)
- Perform System Engineering activities Specifically: requirements management, functional analysis, candidate solution development, system design, system analysis, integration, system tests, acceptance tests and certification.
- As required, communicate with Customer representatives
- Participate in system design and subsystem partitioning to achieve robust modular architectures
- Perform analyses to define and characterise the system and its components
- Use domain, discipline and Systems Engineering understanding to ensure enabling, supporting and delivered products robustly and demonstrably meet their requirements and are fit for purpose
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have some of the following attributes, if you do not tick all the boxes we would still like to hear from you;
- A strong understanding of Systems Engineering practises and Engineering methods as applied to the development of military equipment and services
- Experience in effective use of Engineering Process, Methods, Tools and Infrastructure
- A good understanding of 'Best Practice' Systems Engineering processes, methods and tools
- A good understanding of Systems/Software Engineering processes and lifecycles
- Demonstrated good communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with employees and customers at all levels
- Proven ability to function confidently within a project team environment
- Significant experience within an Engineering discipline
- Derive electronic/electrical system requirements, define the test requirements and participate in system design and electronic system requirements reviews
- Develop hardware candidate solutions against requirements including their optimisation and present the solution in design reviews
- A tertiary degree level engineering qualification recognised by membership of Engineers Australia
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to myself, Greig Russell – Talent Acquisition Specialist , find me on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/greig-russell-1ab107178/
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.