Senior Project Accountant | SA-Flinders Street
|Category:||Finance, Accounting & Accounting Support|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||18-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your project accounting experience and leadership skills to make a strategic contribution in a world class project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in South Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Senior Project Accountant in our team working in Adelaide CBD, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
In this newly created strategic position, you will get an opportunity to work on the Hunter Class Frigate program, mainly overseeing and maintaining the financial functions to ensure integrity and transparency of financial data to facilitate planning and decision making for the project
More specifically you will:
- Prepare and review monthly project reporting, including contract status reviews, project profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flows, work in progress management and cost and revenue accruals and monthly management review reporting.
- Oversee foreign exposure management and hedging to minimize foreign exchange exposure and prepare and review project reconciliations
- Oversee contract change proposals and sub-contract change proposal's pricing and prepare and review project reconciliations
- Initiate process improvement to calculate the financial results for the project to ensure the accuracy, timeliness and efficiency
- Coordinate and review the projects annual budget, five years integrated business plan, monthly reforecast and coordinate finance inputs into quarterly estimate at completion process
- Operate, maintain and improve budgeting and forecasting processes for the project and review fortnightly cash flow forecasts
- Oversee project billing and sub-contractor payments including price variation
- Monitor and incorporate changes resulting from contract change proposals and sub-contract change proposals into financial processes
- Drive and challenge financial performance of all major projects in delivering its commitments against agreed performance targets including sales, profit and cash.
- Ensure the implementation and maintenance of robust project accounting system and improve finance and project related processes
- Ensure the compliance of corporate guidelines, policies and procedures as well as accounting standards and legislation
- Providing financial management advice and expertise to the management team, project accountants and project managers.
- Lead a group of professional staff to ensure they provide a quality service that meets specified accounting and reporting requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree and a CPA/CA qualification with demonstrated previous experience in project finance or similar accounting roles
- Demonstrated experience in leading or mentoring a team with sound literacy and numeracy skills
- Good communication skill coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with colleagues within or outside the immediate team to implement business requirement
- Sound knowledge of Australian accounting standards and Australian international framework of reporting standards coupled with high literacy and numeracy skills
- Advanced Microsoft office skills and exposure to Oracle ERP are will be highly desirable.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.