Systems Engineering Team Leader | NSW-North Ryde
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||13-Dec-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Systems Engineering Team Leader within our Air Ground Air Transition (AGA-T) Project team based at North Ryde, Sydney.
About the Opportunity
The Systems Engineering Team Leader will be responsible for technical leadership and execution of Systems Engineering and delivering the engineering outputs in accordance with the project and customer requirements.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Mobilisation, Phase In and execution of AGA-T Phase 3 Systems Engineering team.
- Support and/or execute successful outcome of Design Reviews, Mandated System Reviews and Technical Bid reviews within delegation.
- Manage System requirements and design documents (System & Subsystem Specifications, Product Breakdown Structure, Design Documents, component specifications, interface specifications, etc.).
- Manage and support in the development of verification documentation (test plans, test procedures, test reports).
- Technical risk identification, mitigation and management.
- Monitor compliance and regular reporting of progress against Product Integrity & Safety and engineering plans.
- Internal stakeholder engagement for Life Cycle Management Reviews, Major and Minor Bid activities, Contract Reviews and Contract Change Proposals.
- Support of planning and scheduling of systems engineering activities.
- Mentor and coach engineering staff to share lessons and implement best practice in requirements management, design management and control, configuration management, and Test and Integration.
- Functional management of systems engineering resources including identification and implementation of development plans, training plans and active management of succession plans.
- Resource forecasting and management including recruiting, participation in resource management meetings and updates to resource tool.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Degree qualifications in engineering and experience working in communications or other related domain.
- Demonstrated experience in working Acquisition projects in Systems Engineering and V&V.
- Demonstrated awareness of the various speciality engineering disciplines (e.g. security, safety, HMI, EMI/EMC, etc), to support leading the Systems Engineering team.
- Familiarity with Australian Regulatory and Legislative requirements and their application to engineering design.
- Experience in the qualification, integration, verification and validation phases of product design and development.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering successful verification by analysis within schedule and budget.
- Demonstrated experience in FCA and PCAs.
- Familiarity with the use of IBM DOORS for requirements and test management.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with engineers within the project and external Stakeholders.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and a proactive approach to progressing all assigned tasks.
- A Defence security clearance, with minimum level of Baseline with ability to upgrade to NV1 or current NV1 is an essential requirement.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain the required level of Defence security clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.