Director Export Control | SA-Pirie Street
|Category:||Facilities Management & Security|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- As an Export Control practitioner, you will lead a well-established and mature Export Control team
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as Director Export Control in our Export Control team based in Pirie Street, Adelaide CDB.
About the Opportunity
The Director Export Control position requires a leader who is accountable for ensuring that BAE Systems Australia Limited and its employees comply with the requirements of Australian and International Export and Import laws and regulations, co-ordinating with other members of the Executive Lead Team and as such is the custodian of the Export Control strategy.
More specifically you will:
- Lead the Export Control functional team to deliver and sustain the required levels of performance across the company
- Leads strategic analysis of company issues, providing leadership and advice to ensure compliance for all import/export requirements under Australian and International law
- Be recognised as a Subject Matter Export in Import/Export Controls
- Provide strategic advice of the determination of how export control lists, jurisdiction, classification and export authorisations affect the operation of the company's business and lead accurate and timely decision making, by coordinating the knowledge and experience of export control subject matter experts and other functions
- Develop long term strategies to improve problem identification and resolution processes, applying innovative solutions to sensitive or controversial export control issues
- Set and implement export control policy and strategy for the company
- Establish the definition of export control risk management policy and processes for the Company acting as the main export control interface to business or cross-function strategic risk management process
- Interface and influence in cross business, industry and or governmental working groups
- Interface and collaborate with the company Security Function to deliver security protection requirements for export controlled materials and data as per the Technology Control Plan and where relevant the Defence Industry Security Program requirements
- Participate in strategy and training plan development, facilitating advanced training on export / import matters, including US Export Controls
- Undertake planning and management of audit programs, review audit findings and develop a strategy for the completion and tracking of audit recommendations
- Provide strategic overview of investigations and disclosures process, identifying systemic weaknesses and formulates strategies for improvements, involving key stakeholders to work within the wider business environment to resolve issues.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- An in-depth knowledge of Export Controls at a practitioner level and of the Dfence landscape in general
- High ethical standards
- An ability to negotiate with and influence internal and /or external stakeholders to generate business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships.
- An ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication to suit a variety of audiences
- Strong leadership, coaching and development skills
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Talent Acquisition Lead
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.