Head of Product Commercialisation and Marketing | Home
|Category:||Business Development & Marketing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||15-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your product commercialisation & marketing expertise to deliver growth for our business
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
About the opportunity
As the Head of Product Commercialisation and Marketing, you will be responsible for the commercialisation and marketing of our products and technology. Reporting to the Chief of Future Business, you will develop a team to lead the product commercialisation and marketing activities for a defined set of BAE Systems Products.
Based out of Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney or Canberra, you will have a high profile within the business and understand our key markets, our competitors and our capabilities to position the company to win new business. In more specific terms you will:
- Work with the wider business in the development of business cases for each of our products
- Lead the Integrated Product Team and drive the business case for each product ensuring delivery against the company's strategy and objectives
- Development and execution of marketing sales plans for each of the products
- Lead customer stakeholder engagement( internally and externally), in conjunction with others from the business to support effective marketing of products, inform future development requirements and drive sales growth aligned to targets
- Work closely with the Future Development teams to build trusted customer relationships to support robust market analysis and identification of strategic opportunities
- Foster and develop close relationships with the Chief Technology Officer and other leaders to ensure an integrated enterprise approach to product commercialisation and marketing
- Translate functional strategy into measurable objectives and communicate, implement and monitor the objectives and deliver the Integrated Business Plan
- Engage with the Delivery Business Unit/Functional counterparts to forecast the short and long term demand for core capability and supply this capability
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in business, marketing, sales, business development within relevant products, services and systems at an executive level
- A degree qualification in a relevant discipline
- Previous experience including producing and driving implementation of business cases, marketing sales plans and product commercialisation
- Strong leadership skills to be able to motivate individuals and teams across a number of different business areas
- An ability to balance conflicting priorities and manage complex internal and external stakeholder relationships
- An ability to use and adapt written and verbal communication skills to suit a variety of different audiences as
- An ability to engage, negotiate with and influence internal /or eternal stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Golias, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.