Commercial Capability Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-Oct-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Ensure we are building capability for our growing Commercial business
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Commercial Capability Manager in our Commercial team in Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
As the Commercial Capability Manager, you will be responsible for leading the development and implementation of the frameworks to support the people, processes and tools within the Commercial Function across BAE Systems Australia. In this newly created role, and as a member of the Commercial Function leadership team, you will contribute to the enterprise Commercial strategy, ensuring we are building capability for our ever-changing and growing business.
With a strong ability to influence and a desire to deliver the greatest return on investment, this role will require you to prioritise the variety of needs across the Function. In this role you will act as the conduit between the Business Units and the Commercial Function, enabling a strategic partnership, effective two-way information flow and meaningful outcomes to all stakeholders.
To ensure we are developing end to end capability, this role covers 3 key aspects:
- Develop the Commercial learning roadmap and career development framework
- Partner with leaders to enhance the career experience of our people
- Promote a high performance and inclusive culture, where ideas are encouraged and delivery is rewarded
- Partner with the Human Resources Function to implement and support the Talent Management Framework and other talent strategies
- Create a differentiated talent attraction and acquisition strategy to enable recruitment and retention of the best talent in the market
- Drive continual improvement and positive user experience in the processes used across the Function
- Create efficiencies in the way we work, ensuring that processes are challenged, redeveloped and deliver value in every transaction
- Ensure that the governance of the Function is managed against the Operational Framework, including as a key liaison with our UK parent entity
- Act as a champion for change and provide support and leadership on all aspects of change across the business
- Leverage talent across various Functions, including IT and Legal, to deliver technology solutions aligned to the enterprise strategy
- Influence across the business to ensure the best in class solutions are positively received and implemented
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience working in a Commercial, Legal, Technology or HR related role
- A passion for enhancing and developing people, processes and tools
- Proven capability in senior roles with an ability to influence across the business
- Big picture thinking with a demonstrated desire and ability to deliver best practice solutions
- Experience in delivering cultural change activities from idea to implementation
- Ability to lead and guide an experienced Commercial team in an evolving business using your exceptional communication skills and business acumen
- Strong organisational skills to effectively manage competing priorities
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Talent Acquistion Lead
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.