Training Design and Solutions Lead : Aviation Technical Training | NSW - Wagga Wagga
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||07-Dec-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Your opportunity to use your leadership skills and expertise and help shape the aviation industry
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Training Design and Solutions Lead in our team in Wagga, New South Wales.
About the Opportunity
The BAE Systems Aviation Technical Training (ATT) project delivers all aviation trade training to the Australian Defence Force. This role is the perfect opportunity to become a part of the future of Australian aviation technical training, and help shape the aviation technical workforce of the future.
Applications are now sought from qualified vocational education leaders, to join a united, genuine, and engaging team. This opportunity will utilise your expertise, take your career to another level, and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
The Training Design and Solutions Lead holds the overall responsibility for architecting, designing, developing and implementing learning solutions and systems, products and services to meet the needs of the customer whilst delivering regulatory compliant solutions.
This opportunity will see you:
- Provide leadership to a team to design, develop and maintain the IT hardware, software environment, and course content for the Aviation Technical Training (ATT) project's Training Management Information System (TMIS)
- Leverage existing and new technologies to define the future requirements for the Training Management Information System (TMIS)
- Lead the hardware infrastructure and software environment for the TMIS
- Lead and develop contemporary innovative training design outcomes that align with current vocational education and aviation regulatory frameworks
- Provide specialisation skills and advice to support Aviation Technical Training
- Develop and maintain relationships with the customer, government and industry partners
- Maintain accurate electronic and hard copy records of training documentation
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated team leadership experience and experience within the Vocational Education Training (VET) industry
- Relevant experience with training management information systems architecture and infrastructure
- Experience in either working with learning management systems and content management systems, or instructional design or project management
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop effective relationships
- A relevant tertiary degree level qualification and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116)
Whilst not essential, a bachelor's degree in instructional design or a diploma in training design and development will be highly regarded
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.