Educational Support Officer | NSW - Wagga Wagga
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Nov-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Defence industry leader with a strong commitment to quality and safe work practices
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an Educational Support Officer in our team in Wagga, New South Wales.
About the Opportunity
The BAE Systems Aviation Technical Training (ATT) project delivers all aviation trade training to the Australian Defence Force. This role is the perfect opportunity to become a part of the future of Australian aviation technical training, and help shape the aviation technical workforce of the future.
Applications are now sought from qualified vocational education professionals, to join a united, genuine, and engaging team. This opportunity will utilise your expertise, take your career to another level, and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
Working closely with customer representatives, the Educational Support Officer is responsible for providing learning support and guidance to Australian Defence Force trainees, as well as monitoring overall course progress for failures, risks and trends, and actively assisting in managing these risks to ensure project obligations are met.
This opportunity will see you:
- Conduct trainee progress management interviews
- Provide initial study skills briefing sessions for all incoming courses
- Undertake language, literacy and numeracy assessments and analysis for all incoming courses
- Conduct educational support interviews for trainees and attend Student Academic Review Boards (SARBs)
- Monitor trainee progress for failure risks and trends and liaise with internal and external stakeholders, as well as customer representatives to address
- Conduct instructor standards assessments in line with project requirements
- Provide ongoing reporting on key activities including student progress, trends and concerns along with Student Academic Review Boards (SARBs)
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in a similar role, ideally within Vocational Education Training (VET) and Defence industry environments
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop effective relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
- The ability to think creatively and drive successful outcomes
Whilst not essential, an aviation technical training background and a Tertiary Degree Education qualification will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.