Maintenance Coordinator | NSW - Wagga Wagga
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Nov-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Rewarding Maintenance Coordinator opportunity with a strong focus on career development
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Maintenance Coordinator in our team in Wagga, New South Wales.
About the Opportunity
The BAE Systems Aviation Technical Training (ATT) project delivers all aviation trade training to the Australian Defence Force. This role is the perfect opportunity to become a part of the future of Australian aviation technical training, and help shape the aviation technical workforce of the future.
Applications are now sought from qualified and experienced technical personnel with engineering or project management experience, to join a united, genuine, and engaging team. This opportunity will utilise your expertise, take your career to the next level and will be offered on a permanent and full time basis.
This opportunity will see you:
- Coordinate programmed and non-programmed site maintenance activities
- Coordinate and oversee contractors to ensure contractual obligations and Safety, Health and Environment (SH&E) requirements are being delivered
- Support the development and ongoing maintenance of the site facilities management plan
- Perform regular inspections of facilities to ensure preventative and ongoing maintenance schedules are being performed, condition appraisals are updated and use of all facilities is in accordance with the project
- Manage the chemicals storage and waste disposal process
- Coordinate the continuous improvement activities including the management of the system improvement process database used to track continuous improvement activities
- Perform maintenance activities in accordance with the project engineering management plan and work instructions
- Coordinate the introduction and integration of technical data, tooling and support equipment required to support training and support activities within the project
- Prepare and review technical documents, risk assessments, publications, directives and instructions
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant customers and industry partners
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated industry experience in engineering, maintenance or related technical field with a Diploma or equivalent level qualification
- Experience with project management, the management of technical equipment or documentation, continuous improvement activities and Safety, Health and Environment (SH&E)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and to develop effective relationships with a broad range of stakeholders
Whilst not essential, experience with facilities and contractor management will be highly regarded.
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Kon Yiannikopoulos, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.