Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Nov-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Rewarding Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer opportunity to work on exciting Defence industry projects
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Mechanical Manufacturing Engineer in our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Mechanical Production Engineering Team Lead you will:
- Provide production expertise to the project team during design and development activities
- Ensure that products are designed/developed in accordance with manufacturing process capability guidelines, providing the technical interface between manufacturing, the engineering function and design teams
- Initiate and monitor process improvements across the discipline process and capability areas
- Evaluate production performance and instigate improvement strategies
- Produce various production documents to facilitate the manufacture of products within manufacturing
- Design or provide design input into the production of specific tooling used to manufacture company deliverables
- Design and develop processes to meet capability requirements and ensure that manufacturing capability is maintained at a benchmark level
- Provide an objective, professional evaluation of existing and proposed design solutions
- Lead Root Cause Analysis investigations to understand and initiate corrective actions to address identified process issues
- Develop test equipment and processes
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated practical and extensive knowledge of 4 and/or 5 axis CNC machining processes in a commercial and/or defence environment
- Degree level qualifications in an engineering discipline
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with people at all levels of the organisation
- Good understanding of Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) tools
- Good computer literacy
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition Specialist - Engineering
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.