Project Engineering Manager | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your Project Engineering Leadership to contribute to HF Surveillance defence projects
- Enjoy flexibility, an innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
At BAE Systems, our advanced technology protects people and national security and has kept critical Australian information and infrastructure secure for more than 65 years.
We employ a skilled workforce of more than 3,500 people at over 25 locations across the country. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
As a member of the BAE Systems team, you'll enjoy a strong safety culture - employee safety and well-being is our top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development. We offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices coupled with a strong focus on innovation. Join us and apply your talent where it counts.
About the opportunity
The Project Engineering Manager is responsible for delivering the engineering outputs of the project within the triple constraints of quality, cost and schedule (henceforth referred to as Integrated Project Performance). In doing this, the Engineering Manager is responsible for ensuring the engineering outputs are developed in accordance with the approved company processes and meet the agreed operational needs of the customer.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the estimating, resourcing and delivery of the engineering effort required for the technical solution.
In more specific terms, you will:
- Lead the project engineering team in the realisation of the engineering solution while optimising cost and schedule
- In consultation with the Business Unit Head of Engineering, ensure that Design Authorisations are established and maintained for the project in accordance with ENG.01.PR Delegation of Engineering Authority.
- Undertake detailed planning and estimating to establish (or review and re-establish the artefacts within the bid phase) the Work Breakdown Structure, Project Schedule, earned value measurement system, and staffing profile for significant program changes or future programs
- Develop robust work breakdown structures and ensure estimates are rigorously developed and reviewed
- Develop and execute plans to ensure the business develops the capability and capacity it needs to deliver the longer term business strategy
- Review and approve the technical aspects of Estimates to Completion (ETCs), i.e. the work plan, estimating inputs (e.g. historical metrics), methodology and estimating outputs
- Ensure adherence to engineering cost and schedule commitments
- Act as a point of contact with customers to understand the customer requirements and develop and maintain the contract technical solution accordingly, addressing any disparity with the Project Manager
- Identify and Manage Technical Risk within the programme / project and support the Programme / Project Manager in Risk Management Reviews
- Technical management of sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure deliveries are consistent with the Project Schedule and satisfy the overall technical solution.
As the ideal applicant, you will have:
- Significant experience within a similar role in an engineering discipline, preferably in a defence project acquisition environment
- Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of Engineers, Australia
- Demonstrated ability to contribute and work in a cross-function team while ensuring specific responsibilities are achieved
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to enable you to work effectively with others and to be able to influence across all levels of the business
- An ability to negotiate with and influence internal and/or external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whist maintaining key relationships
- Solid team building, coaching and mentoring skills
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Chris Girling, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.