System Technical Authority | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Nov-2019|
SYSTEM TECHNICAL AUTHORITY
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Manage a team that delivers the multi-disciplined engineering output of a critical sustainment program on one of the nation's key Defence assets
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a System Technical Authority in our burgeoning High Frequency Surveillance (HFS) program based in the Edinburgh Defence Hub.
About the Opportunity
In this role you will:
- Review, approve and authorise the engineering output to ensure the delivered products robustly and demonstrably meet requirements
- Ensure compliance with BAE Systems engineering governance requirements to ensure that all products and artefacts within the scope of the contract are; safe, environmentally responsible, meet performance criteria, comply with technical and quality based standards
- Safeguard processes and practices meet aligned standards through rigorous review of outputs and endeavours
- Provide input to planning to ensure technical objectives are consistent and achievable
- Be an interface between the systems engineering team, BAE Systems Management and the Customer
- Work within the constraints of the project's cost, schedule and technical constraints
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualifications and experience satisfying the requirements for membership of the Engineers Australia
- Distinguished experience in Defence Systems Engineering within a mid-large sized project
- Proven ability communicating complex engineering terms to non engineering audiences
- A demonstrated background mentoring colleagues less experienced than yourself
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- A sensible and pragmatic attitude coupled with the ability to build and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships
Don't meet every criteria listed above? Don't worry. Providing you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Derek Blaschek, Talent Acquisition Team Lead- Engineering
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.