Mechanical Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Dec-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Demonstrate your Mechanical Engineering knowledge in a high-precision, results focused environment
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Mechanical Engineer in our team in Edinburgh Parks, SA.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Project Engineering Manager you will:
- Undertake mechanical system and/or equipment requirements analysis and participate in requirements reviews
- Develop simple mechanical system and/or equipment architectural designs to meet an established set of requirements, including participating in architectural design reviews
- Support mechanical systems and/or equipment qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Identify and analyse the mechanical system and/or equipment failures and associated trends
- Support the assembly, integration, test and shipping of the Mechanical system and/or equipment including its configuration management
- Utilise design capture and analysis tools effectively to produce high quality designs and products including interpretation of analysis results
- Utilise test tools effectively to undertake test, integration and verification including diagnosing problems and analysing results
- Ensure all documents generated within own sphere of responsibility are completed and managed in accordance with appropriate standard procedures
- Attend site to review construction works and liaise with equipment Suppliers and Manufacturers
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated practical experience in developing Mechanical designs, participation in design reviews, undertaking typical design analyses and implementation of solutions, their integration, validation and qualification testing
- Relevant mechanical degree qualification and satisfy the requirements for membership of the Institute of Engineers Australia
- A strong understanding of Design for manufacture, Cost, Safety, Environment.
- Proficiency in Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Mechanical Design
- Sound knowledge of the BCA and Australian Standards
Experience in preparing detailed HVAC design solutions for various building services projects and/or researching new products and HVAC design practices to ensure the company remains up-to-date with the latest building services technology is desirable but not essential.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Vinodh Sounder Rajan, Talent Acquisition specialist - Engineering
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.