Remote Site Manager | SA-DSTG
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Nov-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Lead the project team towards successful execution of contracts in the JORN program
- Location DSTG, Edinburgh SA
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Remote Site Manager in our JORN Phase 6 team based in Defence Science and Technology Group (DSTG) Edinburgh, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
As a result of the growth within our business, we are seeking a seasoned Remote Site Manager for our JORN Phase 6 team.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the technical, cost and schedule goals associated with assigned projects are achieved in accordance with the contractual and company requirements, in order to achieve required business performance.
In the conduct of assigned duties, you must maintain the goodwill of the customer and the management team, competently manage subcontractors, and provide effective leadership to multiple project teams.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Be responsible for operational leadership of three Remote Radar sites located near Laverton WA, Longreach QLD and Alice Springs NT
- Provide safety leadership for all Remote Site Staff
- Be responsible for setting policy in relation to Fly In Fly Out (FIFO) operations
- Be the main point of contact with major facilities management sub-contractor
- Be responsible for ensuring all Remote Site maintenance scope is conducted in accordance with the contract and the approved Maintenance Management Plan
- Liaise with Functional Support teams to ensure Business Processes support FIFO Operations
- Manage Remote Site resources to align to the One JORN operating model ensuring best for capability resourcing across all Remote Sites
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and innovation across JORN Remote Sites
- Manage Customer relationships with key Wide Area and Space Surveillance Systems Program Office (WASS SPO) stakeholders
- Complete Customer and BAE Systems required reporting
- Travel to the three Remote Radar sites in WA, NT and QLD will be expected
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Significant experience in successfully managing diverse project teams
- The ability to motivate individuals and teams across a number of projects, to shape and implement business requirements
- The ability to balance conflicting priorities to deliver against customer and business requirements, with appropriate stakeholder management
- Strong ability to negotiate with and influence internal and external stakeholders in a way which generates business benefit whilst maintaining key relationships
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level 1 security clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Polly Buerano, Talent Acquisition Specialist.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.