Linux Systems Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Dec-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Linux Engineer with our team based at DSTG Edinburgh Parks, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
To ensure our programs are delivered by the very best talent, we invite you to apply to join us as a Linux Engineer.
As a Linux Engineer, you will perform engineering development and administration of project Linux and UNIX systems as well as performing secondary functions such as fault detection, performance monitoring, general systems management and provision of direct user level support.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn new skills and develop your career on a large Defence project.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Design, build, and deployment of Linux changes into the project environment.
- Develop and implement technical solutions for Linux defects and enhancements.
- Produce relevant artefacts associated with changes to the system.
- Completion of thorough acceptance testing of approved changes during deployments.
- Provide input into updates and enhancements of the Linux SOE.
- Direct user, application support and troubleshooting of system issues.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Experience in a similar role preferably within the Defence sector.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant engineering or information technology discipline.
- Experience with configuration management and monitoring tools such as Satellite, Ansible and Nagios.
- Strong and relevant industry experience in Linux/UNIX Systems Engineering or Administration and infrastructure deployment in large multi-site environments.
- An Information, Communication and Technology Degree (ICT), Engineering related degree or relevant vendor certifications.
- A willingness to provide out of hours support as required coupled with a can do attitude.
- A strong team focus and exceptional customer service ability.
- Whilst not essential Agile qualifications and experience will be an advantage.
As a defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.