Supply Support Manager | SA-Periscope Facility
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-Nov-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Utilise your commercial and negotiation skills to continuously improve the supply chain and warehousing capabilities
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Supply Support Manager Officer in our team working in our Mawson Lakes Office.
About the Opportunity
As a Supply Support Manager, you will be accountable for overseeing the establishment, placement and management of appropriate contracting arrangement with the suppliers whilst supporting the overall supply chain including supply of all consumables, expendables and repairable items.
More specifically you will
- Supervise, plan and manage resourcing levels and competencies of integrated logistics support, stores and procurement team to ensure adequate support to the programs
- Identify and manage cost effective levels of stock to be hold for the program considering minimum/maximum levels, shelf life and routables
- Identify and manage obsolescent/obsolete items and initiate to develop programs with stakeholders to mitigate, reduce and remove the risks
- Ensure internal and external reporting requirements for Integrated logistics support, procurement and supply are cost effectively achieved
- Manage and oversee suppliers and client issues and escalate when necessary
- Develop, establish and continuously improve the supply chain processes, procedures and tools to ensure that the supply chain and warehousing capabilities meets the project requirement in a cost effective manner
- Manage compliance with BAE systems commonwealth and regulator procurement, supply chain and warehousing governance requirements
- Lead, manage and develop team members to deliver the required capability to meet the needs of the business and support the implementation of leading procurement, logistics and warehouse practices both within the team and across the business/project
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- A degree or diploma qualification in relevant discipline
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and/or logistics including previous role in managing and leading a team
- A sound knowledge across all facets of supply chain, procurement/logistics with an ability to develop strong working relationship with suppliers and clients
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills with an ability to show initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good commercial skills and acumen with proven capability in contract negotiation with an ability to progress and resolve issues
- An ability to take ownership of the task coupled with high level motivation with strong experience in project management
- An ability to engage and work closely with projects/functions, present at meetings and interact effective with internal and external stakeholders to implement business requirements
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Futher information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.