Senior Installation Technician | NSW-North Ryde
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||13-Dec-2019|
We've come a long way in 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as the tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 3,500 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Senior Installation Technician with our team based at North Ryde, Sydney.
About the Opportunity
The purpose of the position is lead installation teams at base (North Ryde) and at 12 customer locations around Australia in line with project requirements for site surveys, at base assembly area fit out and rack assembly, FAT, onsite assembly installation, onsite SAT, V&V debrief. Involving coordination of stakeholders both internal and external, to ensure smooth site preparation and subsequent installation and site acceptance testing of the Air Ground Air Transition mission system.
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- To understand the AGAT Phase 3 contract and program schedule and the obligations it infers in relation to site surveys, at base assembly, FAT, onsite assembly installation, onsite SAT.
- Leadership and management of multiple technical assembly and installation teams.
- To identify, plan ahead and satisfy all permits, licenses, approvals and other prerequisites required to undertake site work activities.
- To liaise with all necessary internal and external stakeholders to agree and ensure all personnel and material needs are read for assembly, and installation.
- To actively monitor and co-ordinate resolution of all site work related issues in conjunction with the necessary stakeholders.
- Ensuring work is completed and appropriately certified by licenced entities or tradesmen. (electrical work, communications cabling, etc.)
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in assisting with designing, coordinating fit out of assembly area for racks.
- Demonstrated experience in creating redline mark-ups and updating or coordinating the update of configured engineering drawings via change control system.
- Demonstrated experience in supervising a team of technicians to install racks and antennas and cabling to drawings both for FAT and at SAT at customer premises.
- Demonstrated experience in leading site surveys, making decisions on preferred locations for siting equipment, avoiding problem areas, creating action items.
- Demonstrated experience with RF calculations for locating antennas at safe distances from personnel and other antennas.
- Demonstrated experience with communications with on-site and project office stakeholders.
- Experience with coordination and supervision of RAAF site contractors. (electricians, riggers)
- Demonstrated experience in running SAT, creating redlined test master, debriefing customer staff onsite, and commissioning tests.
- Previous experience in the authoring test reports.
- Knowledge and practise of personnel safety and access onsite at RAAF bases Desirable.
- ACMA cabling license Knowledge of Defence base regulations & safety requirements.
- Defence Force or Defence Industry background Desirable.
- Technical Installation Team Leadership.
- System and Equipment Installation Management.
- Experience with VHF/UHF radio communications systems installation.
- Whilst not essential Working at Heights & Tower Rescue licences would also be Highly Desirable.
As a defence security clearance may be required for this role and as such applicants must be eligible to obtain and maintain a defence security clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilize “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use Gmail, Aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.