Estimating & Pricing Officer | SA-Flinders Street
|Category:||Project Management, Scheduling & Estimating/Pricing|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||26-Nov-2019|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Bring your estimating and pricing experience to support world class program
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in South Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Estimating and Pricing Officer in our team working in Adelaide CBD, South Australia.
About the Opportunity
In this newly created strategic position, you will get an opportunity to work on the Hunter Class Frigate program, mainly overseeing the management of all estimating and pricing activities to support the business in delivering the strategic and business objectives.
Reporting to the Estimating and Pricing Manager, you will be accountable to support strategic pricing, estimating, cost modelling, planning, formulation and review and analysis of all cost estimates.
More specifically you will:
- Responsible to produce robust pricing by planning and developing the estimate build-up in accordance with BAE Systems estimating and pricing processes
- Conduct the appropriate estimating and pricing reviews and provide feedback to basis of estimate authors on all bids and major contract change proposals
- Support the resolution of commercial cost, estimating and pricing issues using sound understanding of wide financial, project management and customer impacts of the solutions proposed
- Lead pricing negotiations with commonwealth financial investigation service reviews, where appropriate and ensure that prices offered are in accordance with policy on rate build up and application methodology
- Review and analyse to ensure the integrity of the proposal and preserve company's commercial position with respect to new work by developing the proposal pricing response in relation to commercial terms and conditions
- Support the winning of business while understanding and informing colleagues of the associated levels regarding the price risk and review and price the risk for all new work in accordance with company guideline
- Maintain an audit trail from tender to final contract acceptance and support project start up activities by working with finance staff to establish budget based on negotiated pricing structure
- Identify opportunities in tenders and proposals to provide competitive pricing edge and provide support in the context of price variation and foreign exchange opportunities
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in business/project management/supply chain/construction estimating/finance related discipline is required
- Substantial experience in similar estimating and pricing related role with sound understanding of defence related contracts
- Strong analytical and communications skills with an ability to balance multiple priorities to delivers against customer and business requirement with an appropriate stakeholder engagement
- An ability to identify potential issues and develop solutions coupled with strong stakeholder engagement and influential skill is essential
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this roleFuther information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Raj Rawal, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.