UNIX Administrator | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||29-Nov-2019|
- Are you an experienced Unix Administrator looking for your next exciting career opportunity?
- Manage and support a large scale UNIX environment in this team-based role
- Choose your location – Edinburgh Parks, SA or Williamstown, Vic
We've come a long way in over 65 years of operation in Australia. On top of a strong underlying business, having been selected to deliver the next generation of advanced anti-submarine warships, the JORN Phase 6 radar upgrade and sustainment program and as a tier 1 F-35 Joint Strike Fighter program partner, the future is bright for our more than 4,000 employees.
In terms of our culture, it's inclusive and safety focused. We call it an ‘everyone culture'. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of every employee are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. It also means providing a family friendly, flexible and supportive place to work.
Apply your talent where it counts as Unix Administrator with our Central Functions' Information Management & Technology (IM&T) Team. As we are a truly flexible business, you have the opportunity to work from either of our offices located at Edinburgh Parks, South Australia or Williamstown, Victoria.
About the Opportunity
As an integral member of our Infrastructure team, you will be responsible for the day-to-day system administration tasks whilst providing high quality support and assistance to the wider business. You will implement new technologies ensuring that business demands are met and obsolescence issues are identified in a timely manner. Additionally, you work with other project design and support teams to ensure a systems-orientated and integrated approach is taken with respect to the project engineering development and verification activities at all times.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Tertiary qualification in an IT-related, engineering field or similar
- Solid relevant professional experience in a similar role
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with a strong team orientation and an ability to manage stakeholders
- Significant experience in UNIX administration , troubleshooting, backup and recovery , performance tuning.
- Experience in RHEL and Solaris.
- Experience in maintaining UNIX systems on a virtualised platform.
- Knowledge of RHEL Satellite tool and CommVault will be a plus.
- Knowledge of Exadata will be a plus.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Michelle Dawson, Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.