Head of Procurement - Hunter Class Combat Systems | SA-Flinders Street
|Category:||Contracts, Purchasing & Procurement|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2020|
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Use your wealth of best practice Procurement experience in this key role
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
Apply your talent where it counts as an experienced Head of Procurement in our ASC Shipbuilding team based in Flinders Street, Adelaide CBD.
About the Opportunity
As the Head of Procurement - Combat Systems, you will report to the Head of Combat Systems and be responsible for leading, developing and effectively deploying, the Combat Systems procurement team to deliver the Combat Systems elements of the Hunter Class Frigate Program (HCFP).
More specifically you will:
- Contribute to the mobilisation of a complex and evolving program and the delivery of an inclusive culture which includes members from external organisations
- Proactively manage and report against the Combat Systems procurement schedule, budget and risk profile (Control Account Manager)
- Lead the development of effective relationships with Combat Systems suppliers which delivers the outcomes required to deliver the HCFP
- Contribute to the delivery of the Combat Systems outcomes as part of the integrated leadership team; demonstrate programmatic insights and strategic vision
- Deliver coherent procurement strategies and plans which address both ASC Shipbuilding processes and delivers on our head contract obligations
- Negotiate and execute appropriate supplier agreements which deliver mutually beneficial outcomes in accordance with the schedule and cost model
- Act as a member of the HCFP Supply Chain Lead Team and ensure a one team approach to delivering supply chain outcomes and contractual deliverables
- Engage with the customer community
- Drive innovation through the implementation of procurement systems and governance within the procurement team
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- Demonstrated experience in mobilising a procurement strategy and team within an engineering/defence organisation, including previous experience in leading a developing team
- A track record of successful development, negotiation and delivery of major subcontracts obligations and procurement strategies
- A degree qualification in an engineering, procurement, project management or commercial discipline
- Professional qualification in procurement (i.e. MCIPS accreditation)
- An ability to form strong internal and external working relationships in a global environment, within a complex mobilisation project.
- An ability to demonstrate resilience, show initiative, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Sound commercial skills and acumen with a proven capability in complex negotiations
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- An ability to solve problems and resolve issues of a complex nature
- An ability to act as a self-starter with limited close supervision
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Lesley Mackman, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts