Network Engineer | SA-Edinburgh Parks
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2020|
At BAE Systems, our advanced defence technology protects people and national security, and keeps critical information and infrastructure secure. For over 65 years we have searched for new ways to provide our customers in Australia with a competitive edge across the air, maritime, land and cyber domains.
We employ a skilled workforce of some 3,500 people at over 25 locations across Australia, and work closely with local partners to support economic development by transferring knowledge, skills and technology. Our work helps keep Australia safe and contributes to creating a more prosperous and innovative nation.
We are excited to invite applications for experienced Network Engineer to join the team. As the Network Engineer you will be responsible for assisting in all aspects of design, implementation and day to day management for the efficient operation, and continuous reliability of the unrestricted Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN) environments.
In terms of more specific responsibilities, you will:
- Be involved in the deployment of network infrastructure to new sites around Australia during a period of high growth within the company.
- Support key projects such as JORN and the Hunter Class Frigates by providing network expertise and solutions which meet strict security requirements.
- Work with a skilled team of Network Engineers to upgrade and refresh end of life WAN, LAN, wireless and security hardware.
- Act as tier 3 support for our internal customers, responding to incidents and service requests.
As an ideal applicant you will have:
- A degree/diploma level qualification in ICT or Engineering or previous experience in an IT Engineering role
- Demonstrated experienced in network troubleshooting including switching, routing, firewalls, wireless, VoIP, VPN and network security
- Strong communication and customer focused with and advanced troubleshooting skillset
- An up to date knowledge of network systems, network management systems, application monitoring systems
- An understanding of networking equipment and associated peripherals, from vendors such as Cisco, Palo Alto, Juniper, A10, F5 and Riverbed.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Applications should be addressed to: Simeon Whitelake, Talent Acquisition Specialist
Please ensure you attach a current resume and copy of your relevant qualification(s) to your application. A cover letter is preferred.
At BAE Systems, we have a strong safety, health and environmental culture; employee safety and well-being is a top priority. We also maintain a genuine commitment to diversity and inclusion and to training and development, offer competitive benefits and enjoy a family friendly work place with flexible work practices.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: BAE Systems Careers Australia
BAE Systems Australia employees are encouraged to refer others for employment in line with the conditions of the Employee Referral Scheme.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html