Detailed Designers - (Structure & Outfits) x Six Positions | SA - Osborne Naval Shipyard
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||11-Feb-2020|
The largest shipbuilding endeavour in the nation's history has commenced in Australia.
ASC Shipbuilding, a subsidiary of BAE Systems Australia, has been contracted to deliver nine of the world most advanced anti-submarine warfare frigates to the Royal Australian Navy.
The Hunter Class Frigate Program will create and sustain more than 5,000 jobs across BAE Systems and the wider Australian defence supply chain over the life of the program.
At ASC Shipbuilding we live a safety-first and inclusive culture. We ensure that the voices and talents of all employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging.
Apply your talent where it counts as a Detailed Designer in our ASC Shipbuilding team based at Osborne Shipyard, Adelaide.
About the Opportunities
Working as part of a newly created team, you will support the discipline lead in ensuring the team can deliver on commitments, train and be competent in using Global Combat Ship-Australia (GCS-A) core engineering tools (AutoCAD, FORAN, Windchill, AVEVA ERM, CMPIC).
In terms of specific responsibilities, you will:
- Regularly assess project task status against agreed timescales and report performance to the Team Leader.
- Act as lead draftsperson on tasking and ensuring a common integrated approach for the technical solutions is undertaken by the team.
- Lead investigations into customer issues and communicate effectively across the team to ensure delivery of the product meets those requirements.
- Manage elements of engineering work package including, work planning and breakdown, estimating and schedules as necessary.
- Ensure continuous improvement of team technical capability to ensure high quality output.
- Use engineering tools to carry out Stage 2 (Spatial Integration) and Stage 3 (Production Outputs) work.
- Actively challenge current work standards and develop process documents /plans for consideration.
As an ideal applicant for these opportunities, you'll have:
- Defence security clearance or eligibility to obtain to a minimum of Baseline.
- Understanding of Import/Export control processes including UK, EU and US regulations (ITAR), would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Previous 3D CAD experience in AutoCAD or similar drafting tool.
- An understanding of a ship's arrangements, layouts and minor foundations.
- Experience in Produce shop detail drawings for foundations, layout and arrangement drawings.
- Diploma of Engineering (Technical) or equivalent industry experience.
As Defence security clearance is required for these roles, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances, visit http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva/FAQ/clearance-subject.asp
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for these roles.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Matt Hart, Talent Acquisition Specialist – Engineering.
As part of your application, please indicate if you have preference for a Structure or Outfits position.
We welcome and strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders for these opportunities. An inclusive culture and an exciting, supportive career opportunity awaits. We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://tinyurl.com/Work180BAE-Systems-Australia
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
BAE Systems Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message please report it to Scam Watch www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
Job applications should only be submitted via the BAE Systems Australia website and not via email. If you receive an email from BAE Systems that does not utilise “@baesystems.com” as the domain, it is not legitimate. BAE Systems does not use gmail, aol, Hotmail or similar accounts.